RE Olds Anderson, grandson of Oldsmobile and REO founder RE Olds, headed the philanthropic organizations established by his auto pioneering grandfather and namesake. This collection represents part of the last known cache of documents, photographs and artifacts pertaining to Ransom Eli Olds. They were moved from his personal office upon his death in 1950 and transferred to the Ransom Fidelity Company. First organized in 1998 by RE Olds Anderson and B.L. (Bill) Porterfield, an automotive researcher, for the purposes of publishing a book, a portion was given to Mr. Porterfield for his time and expenses. This collection is that gift donated by Bill Porterfield in memory of RE Olds Anderson to the Capital Area District Library in 2007.
A digital version of every item in this collection is accessible via the PDF above.
Original parade photograph of 1897 Olds towing a wagon float with a horse advertising Olds Gasoline Engines. Click to enlarge.
Olds Motor Vehicle Company Stock Certificate No. 1 for 1250 shares capital stock issued to RE Olds, trustee for P.F. Olds and son on September 7, 1897 in Lansing, Michigan. Click to enlarge.