CADL will be closed May 23-25 to observe the Memorial Day holiday.
To schedule an appointment to access the collection, contact the Mason branch at: 517.676.9088
For other inquiries, contact the reference desk of the Downtown Lansing branch at: 517-367-6346 or email@example.com
Donated to the Mason Library in 2006 by Eugene G. Wanger in memory of the donor's father-in-law, Leslie Dana Morris and mother-in-law, Mabel Rebecca Morris, this collection comprises the majority of Eugene G. Wanger's personal library of books, manuscripts and ephemera pertaining to the history of Ingham County, Michigan and included in his 2003 bibliographical publication Discovering Ingham County.
Leslie Dana Morris, son of Stephen Arnold Morris and Lida Ellen Couples, was born March 1, 1894 in Logan County, Ohio. He later moved to Eden, Michigan where he farmed until 1960 when he and his wife relocated to Mason Michigan. L.D. Morris was also a former employee of REO and the John Bean Company. Leslie Dana Morris died May 6, 1985.
Mabel Rebecca Morris was born April 2, 1905 near Aberdeen, South Dakota to Rodman and Mary Robinson, but grew up in Shannon County, Missouri. She graduated from the Birch Tree High School and was a teacher at a country school for two years. On February 24, 1928 she married Leslie Dana Morris of Lansing, Michigan. She was a graduate of Michigan State University, having started as a freshman at age 48. Mrs. Morris taught elementary education at the Rolfe, Robbins and Steele Street Elementary School before retiring in 1968. Mabel Rebecca Morris died July 9, 1992.
Eugene G. Wanger, a local attorney, co-chair of the Michigan Committee Against Capital Punishment, author of Why We Should Reject Capital Punishment, and a Delegate to the State of Michigan Constitutional Convention in 1961, assembled this collection over a period of 60 years. His Ingham County Historical Collection contains his personal bibliography of books found in his 2003 publication Discovering Ingham County. Mr. Wanger and his wife Marilyn reside in Lansing, Michigan.
Mabel and Dana Morris, 1968